TeleHealth Made the Difference

Back in the day, I loved to go, the faster the better from motorcycles to fast cars to roller coasters to sky diving to ...what? You can't imagine an old broad like me sky diving?! You should have seen me then! Slowing down as I've gotten older has not been easy for me.

The slowdown came abruptly when I fell in my bathroom. Imagine that! The girl who jumped out of a perfectly good airplane blacks out and loses a fight with a tile floor! I fractured my tailbone and gave myself a concussion. I've fallen down and gotten right back up a million times in my life, but this time my body would just not cooperate! By the morning, I was in extreme pain, unable to move my legs well or walk. I went to the emergency room and ended up in the hospital for a week! I got a complete workup and found out that I had COPD, atrial fibrillation and low blood pressure (which is probably what caused me to black out). I was shocked at how weak I was after only 5 days in the hospital. Next on my agenda came rehab for 5 weeks of therapy. Finally I was ready to go home.

At least they said I was ready, I honestly wasn't so sure. Oh, I put up a good show for the family but the reality was I was scared that I wouldn't be strong enough or that I might fall again. My daughter-in-law told me about a company that provided Interventional TeleHealth alongside therapy and nursing care. Well, I didn't even know what TeleHealth was but I do now!

As soon as I got my telemonitor, I was taught the details of how to check all of my vitals. It was hooked up to my telephone line. When readings are out of my normal range, a clinical TeleHealth Coach calls me in just a few minutes, consoles me, has me retest, and helps me evaluate if there is really something going on or not. Now, when I have a reading that is off a little, I don't have to panic! The monitor, along with my wonderful TeleHealth Coach, Gayla, has educated me to the point that if I feel a rapid heartbeat, I know what to do!

Because I know there is someone who is watching out for me 7 days a week, I can spend the time I used to waste worrying... doing the things I love! I very rarely have to call my doctor in between my 6 month checkups and previously I would be going every 2 to 3 months.

I may not be jumping out of airplanes anytime soon but I'm certainly on the go again in my own home. My activities are a little tamer these days but I keep up with my grandkids and all their adventures through Facebook! My oldest grand-girl just bought a Dodge Challenger SRT8. Oh, it is a beauty! I'm proud to say that I owned a cherry red original. She's coming by this weekend to take me for a spin! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That girl and I are two sides of the same coin.

Find out more at They really do have a solution.

30-Day Hospitalization Rate 6.7%.
64% lower than the national average.